Don't you hate those corporate buzz words? Downsizing, rightsizing, tele-working, sustainability, blah, blah, blah. Well here's a new one for you. I've been synergised. Yes, that's right, once I have finished my colleague's maternity leave cover (sometime around Oct next year) I am no longer required. At some point during the joys of integration between Rio & Alcan, they (the proverbial 'they') decided that I was a cost-saving.
So what does that mean for me? Well it means that I'll keep doing what I'm doing as long as they keep paying me.....and then who knows! My boss has been synergised too so at the moment I don't even know who I work for.
On a better note Al should soon be number 2 pilot (no that doesn't mean he gets all the 'shit' jobs, hehehehe :) as another guys is most likely leaving for a job at Qantas in the new year. Basically what that means is Al will get more flying, which means more hours, and the faster he can apply for a job with an airline. And the faster he gets a job with an airline the faster I'll get CHEAP air travel! Woo hoo!
The life of a pilot's wife does have some perks......eventually.
No comments:
Post a Comment