Sometimes I freak out thinking 'she's 6 weeks old and I still don't know what I'm doing' and then I remember how little I knew in those first few days and how far we've both come since then. We've both mastered breastfeeding and more recently for me, expressing. We've also mastered feeding in public which has made our outings much less complicated. We still don't like have our clothes changed but we do enjoy our bedtime routine which includes a story with just Mummy and Miriam.
Miriam's Milestones thus far:
- Smiling - THis was so cute the first morning she looked up at me when we were having our morning cuddles in bed and smiled. I nearly died and went to heaven!
- Talking - lately she has taken to making lots of noises during play time. The other day she was in her bouncer on the kitchen floor, talking to Al while he did the washing up, it was hilarious.
- Facial recognition - She definately recognises Al and I now and I was happy to see that she recognised her Grand-Mo last time we were in Sydney
- Tummy time - while this isn't the most fun thing in he world she has starting pulling herself up onto her elbows and kicking her legs. I wouldn't wish crawling on us at this early stage but it's so cute to watch her try.
- Head control - Miriam has been the head control master from a very young age. We were astounded how good her head control was in the first couple of weeks and it's only gotten better since then. Still not quite good enough for the front sling but it's getting close.
We're off to the Doctor's on Wednesday for her 6 week checkup. I can't wait to see how much she's grown physically because she's certainly grown so much in every other way.

No comments:
Post a Comment