Just for the wedding, don't panic! Al and I are still going strong. I love weddings, that's all. One of the bridesmaids and one of the groomsmen from our wedding had their special day on the weekend and it reminded me how special weddings are and how much fun it is for everyone involved. Following my parents divorce I wasn't too keen on the idea of marriage, however I can safely say that over the years my views on this institution have changed somewhat and I wouldn't have it any other way! I still find it amusing when people call me 'Mrs' - I think they are referring to my mother-in-law. But I love it when Al refers to my as his wife (as long as its not followed with 'the ball and chain!')
I was fortunate enough to be asked to sing at this wedding on the weekend and I tell you, its a lot of pressure. This is their wedding day, the most important day of their lives thus far and proabably to come and I am responsible for creating the atmosphere of the whole ceremony. Okay so maybe I'm making too much of my role here, but I want to do my bit to make their day the most special of their lives!
Well, in case you were wondering, everything went magically and a wonderful day was had by all, including the bride and groom who are probably on their honeymoon in Thailand as I write this.
To the new Mr and Mrs Lees - enjoy this special time in your lives and all the adventures ahead.
No comments:
Post a Comment