
Finally after 6 years of correspondence study and working full-time I put on that ridiculous cap and gown and received a piece of paper. That 'piece of paper' now qualifies me as a tertiary educated employee and no longer will my CV be looked down upon for my lack of education (despite my years of experience).
So zippity do dah its over. And now onto my masters (as so artfully put by my Aunt who is completing her doctorate!)
It was a great day in freezing cold Armidale (about 2 degrees when I left for the ceremony at 8:30am). Al and Dad made a concerted effort to be there which I greatly appreciated and sat on the cold seats for hours whilst they read out hundreds of other names. When they finally read out my name Dad had convinced the lady sitting next to him to whistle. It wasn't a standing ovation (like some others received) but it was great nonetheless.
After the ceremony Al and I headed back to the BrisVegas with a stop at a few wineries along the way. We couldn't pass up the opportunity as we drove through the Granite Belt wine region (ie Stanthorpe!).
So where to from here.....onwards and upwards I guess but thankfully, for now, I have my personal life back and can enjoy some of the other possibilities that life has to offer
1 comment:
so i just had to comment when i read the last line of this blog... The chance to explore other life possibilities hey... Like the possibility of the pitter patter of little De Rooy feet? - *hint hint* LOL. i thought the occasion called for a little cheeky banter from the little sis c.
Love ya both tonnes,
Camille
Post a Comment