Crystal blue skies, fluffy white clouds and the sun creeping over the east. It's going to look pretty spectacular right? Well try looking at that, on climb to 9000ft in a plane with your huband at 6am on a Sunday morning. Not everyone's cup of tea, but for me it was perfect.
Al had to fly a member of QLD parliament to a couple of places in inland QLD on Sunday so I tagged along for a bit of flying fun and a chance to see more of QLD.
We started out in Bris at 6am and then flew to Harvey Bay to pick up our passenger. From Harvey Bay to St George; where it was a cilly 10 degrees when we landed at 8:30am. St George is a town of about 3000 people, according to the local earthmoving contractor who drove us into town from the airport. And friendly, as many small country towns are. We had coffee at the local bakery in the morning, strolled along the Balonne river and had lunch at the local pub (well, one of the 4 local pubs). I remember saying to Al during lunch at the pub (over our HUGE burgers) that I was having a great time. He looked at me and said 'I can tell when you're enjoyng yourself because your eyes sparkle with delight!'
Finally, we returned to the airport for a quick kip before the next leg of our journey. Our kip was interrupted by local businessman/retiree Charlie who had arrived at the airport to pick up some friends and decided he was up for a chat with two strangers! Charlie turned out to be a plane enthusiast and actually owned a Cessna 210 so he and Al had plenty to talk about. 45 minutes later Charlies' passengers had arrived and so had ours.
From St George we moved onto Inglewood to drop off our passenger before heading home to Brisbane. Al, being the cheeky bugger that he is, decided to do zoom climbs as we took off from Inglewood, which he knows I hate. His joke came back to bite him on the ass when he was wondering why we weren't picking up speed. It turns out in all his earlier cajoling he had forgotten to put the landing gear up and it was creating too much wind resistence for us to get up to full speed. :-)
When we got close to Bris, Al got permission for us to circle over the city and I went mad with my camera. I took so many photos I am hoping that one of them turned out okay! Will load them up soon so you can see for yourself the continuing adventures of Holnal!
1 comment:
what a terrific day out. Sounds like you both had a ball.
Post a Comment