Only two days to go until I can see again....well I can see now, but not well. At the moment, without glasses I can barely see 20cm in front of my face, let alone anything at a distance.
For 21 years of my life I have worn glasses. Some of them (looking back) were not the most attractive style in the world but let me tell you they were cool in the 80's (about as cool as hypercolour t-shirts, scrunchy socks and crimped hair!) I remember a pair that looked a bit like Harry Potter's glasses, boy was I ahead of my time. Either that or I belonged in a fantasy novel?
As of Friday afternoon, I will no longer require this fashion accessory (Praise God!) until I am old and decrepit and get 'age deterioration' in my eyesight. God willing that will be a few years yet!
So next time you see me, I will be looking at you with new eyes. I wonder if they can change the colour too while they're poking around?
No comments:
Post a Comment