19 May 2009

Baby De Rooy Update

I am 23 weeks now so I thought I should give you an update.

Things are progressing as they should be and all scans considered, everything looks great. Ours is already a hyperactive child, who wriggles and kicks at all hours of the day and night. Most of the time it's cute and tickly but sometimes (especially at night when I'm trying to sleep) it becomes a little overwhelming.
Al is excited because he can now feel the baby moving - I guess the pregnancy is not so boring for him anymore! I have told Al that he will have to start reading or talking to the baby soon so it knows his voice.

Last weekend we went on our first baby shopping adventure. Saturday we went to retail stores checked out the big 3 - cots, prams and car seats, and bought a couple of small items (baby Cookie Monster blanket...so cute!). Then Sunday we headed off to the Brisbane Baby & Kids Market for some secondhand options. Managed to pick up a cot and a bath cheap, so it was a worthwhile trip.


BREAKING NEWS! - Please welcome Zechariah John Blackley into the world....our nephew! As I was typing I received a text message that my sister had (finally) delivered her first child. He was 10 days overdue so he must have loved it too much inside to want to come out!

On hearing the news, Al said now we have to have a girl so there's one of each. Unfortunately we don't have a choice in the matter so we'll just have to wait and see what God has in mind. Everytime I go for scan I have to remind them not to tell what the gender is because we want this first one to be a surprise.

Stay tuned for more updates!

1 comment:

Oma Shell (just practicing) said...

What are the measurements of the cot and I will make sure the quilt fits.
Congrats on Zechariah. Are you having fun looking at the names...remember limiting the first letter actually makes it easier... of course I have no say in it - just make sure it is something I can pronounce!!!