25 February 2010

All the single mummies put your hands up...

...then stand up and take a bow! Now picture me giving you a standing ovation or falling at your feet like the scene from Wayne's World - "we're not worthy, we're not worthy".

I honesty do not know how you do it. Two weeks without Al and I am a basket-case. It's just me, 24/7. Whatever Miriam needs, whenever she cries, it's me. Don't get me wrong I have had wonderful times with her. While Al has been away she has learnt to sit-up, started on pumpkin, apple and pear and started to laugh. I feel privileged that I have been here to witness all of these moments.

But it has been exhausting. Looking after a 5 month old, cleaning, cooking and on top of that doing some consulting work.

Looking on the bright side, with Al not here I haven't had to watch any sport (winter Olympics excepted), I haven't cooked dinner if I didn't feel like it, I haven't done any ironing and if there's chocolate in the house (which there is!) it's all mine.

But I jest. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have a hubby around to help. Now I know why God put the animals on the ark two by two - you can always do with an extra pair of hands and someone to vent to.

I mean who else is going to look at that spot on my back that I can reach but can't see and tell me if it's a mozzie bite or a pimple. What other man is going to tell I look beautiful when my hair is all over place, I'm still in my pyjamas at 3pm and I have milk stains on my tops from leaky boobs. And who else is going to listen while I whinge about my day and not laugh when I tell the part where Miriam projectile pooed all over me.

No one but my wonderful husband - now get your backside home!

No comments: