For those of you that haven't visited the new(ish) home of holnal in the Brisvegas I will draw a little picture for you. We live in a suburb amongst the BMW driving, latte drinking, bocconcini eating, boat-shoe wearing types of Brisbane. I quite often look out of place wandering down the shops on a saturday morning in my trackie dacks and a t-shirt.
This morning was no different except for the fact that I ran into (almost literally Bernard Fanning from Powderfinger. After almost breaking my neck in a 'double-take' type action I quickly whipped out my mobile phone to text Allan about my encounter. The reply I got went a bit like this:
"Did you ask him out?" (remembering this is my husband on the other end)
"No, he's not on my list"
"He could be an alternate"
Now those of you giggling have obviously seen Friends on more than one occasion but to cut a long story short I did not ask our Bernard Fanning....and to be quiet honest the thought didn't cross my mind. I was too busy thinking about the skinny flat white in my hand and the criossant that awaited me at home. Oh my god...maybe I fit in better in the suburb than I thought!
No comments:
Post a Comment