Last week I was working for Alcan, this week I am working for Rio Tinto Alcan and now apparently next week (slight overexaggeration) I could be working for BHP Billiton Rio Tinto Alcan. Try answering the phone with that!
Today BHP announced that it had attempted to launch discussions with Rio regarding a full global takeover which would be one of the biggest in history. Rio has said "hell no!" (not those exact words I'm sure) and rejected the offer at this stage. BHP being the tenacious bugger that it is, however, won't give up that easily so stay tuned for more on that front.
Meanwhile I'm trying to engage employees with the company they work for, however no one really knows who they work for at this stage. Its all very confusing and I suspect that everyone is counting down the days till Christmas and wishing it would come a little early this year.
Stay tuned for more in the exciting adventures of my work life.
PS its a little sad when there's more exciting things happening at work than in my personal life :-(
No comments:
Post a Comment