....and are holding him against my will! (Yes my will, not his)
I thought it was exiciting when Al told me on Friday that he had been called out to fly an ABC crew out to cover the floods in western QLD. Now I am cursing that original thought as he's still not home! They want to stay to get the floodwaters peaking which was meant to be Saturday but its Tuesday and it still hasn't broken the levee banks (damned nature...so unpredicatable).
Meanwhile Al has had a little holiday in the CQld town where the only place to eat is the RSL and there are so few people in town that Al's now a 'local'. I, on the other hand, have been waiting patiently at home for my husband to return. Weekend plans were thrown into chaos on Saturday and I had to call in a favour from a girlfriend so I didn't have to go to the ballet alone.
On the up side I have had a lot of 'me' time including pizza, wine and Hairspray on Friday night.....so much fun and a FANTASTIC movie if you haven't seen it yet. Now that its Tuesday I am kinda over the 'me' time and would like the 'us' time back!
Please ABC, if you are reading this, bring my husband home. Until you do I am vowing not to watch a single program on your station (which means I'm going to miss several episodes of Bear in the Big Blue House and Sesame Street!) or listen to any of your radio programs (Goodbye Macca all over). I implore you, leave today or the floodwaters may prevent you from getting out at all and then Al will have to wear the same two shirts and the same two pairs of underpants for another week!
No comments:
Post a Comment