Anyways for my 'not quiet 30 yet' birthday yesterday Al and I headed down the Gold Coast hinterland for a lovely, but rainy, day out. It started with a little Black Magic.....the new coffee blend at the Mt Tamobourine Coffee plantation. Al and I had been there about 5 years ago and since moving to Brisbane had not had a chance to return. We were a little bit disappointed to find that the old owner had moved on and the new owners had changed the ambience of the place, but a great coffee nonetheless.
After a filling lunch at one of the cafes and a wander through the shops we headed home taking a rather large detour up the coast through Redlands, Manly etc to see what Brisbane's South-Eastern suburbs were like.
For dinner we headed over to an Indian restaurant (A Night in India) that an Indian taxi driver had recommended. We couldn't go wrong could we? Well the taxi driver was right.....it was FANTASTIC. I would say the best butter chicken I have ever tasted. Finally, we have found a good, and not expensive, Indian restaurant in Brisbane.
During dinner, Al proceeded to quiz me on what I wanted to achieve in my 28th year of life. So here are my top 5 things:
- Read lots ( I originally said 100 books but then realised that would be about 8 a month....think that's a bit ambitious)
- Go somewhere I have never been before (ie Canada!)
- Ride 1 mile on a hippity-hop
- Learn a foreign language (French I think)
- Perfect the making of bottercook (dutch shortbread - I really suck at making it)
And that was it, my birthday 2008. Stay tuned for more crazy antics after we have drinks on Friday night and also our weekend away this weekend.
Until then, au revior
1 comment:
Glad you had a lovely birthday with your toy boy hubby. What is a hippity-hop. And the dutch slice is spelt boterkoek! Like scones you need a light hand. And don't over cook it.
Post a Comment