14 February 2008

I was that person....

you know, 'that' person. The one who has personal conversation on their phone in a public place like the bus, train, shopping centre, food court etc. 'That' person who reveals personal details about their lives (and more often than not their love lives) into the public forum via those unwitting strangers to stand/sit around them.

Well that was me yesterday talking to Ast on the phone on the bus home. We talked about Amah's party, how Big Bird was feeling and how he didn't want to be Big Bird anymore. Not exactly exciting stuff but probably more information than most of the strangers on the bus wanted to hear.

But you know what I realised, being time-poor as I am now it was one of the best times to have this conversation. I've got 15-20 minutes on the bus where I have just left work, I don't want to continue to check emails and reading sometimes makes me nauseous. The last three days I have worked over 30 hours, which effectively means that I have no time to do anything else. The bus seemed like the perfect opportunity to call my sister.

So, apologies to those who had to listen to my conversation and I will endeavour not to be 'that' person on a regular basis.

No comments: