Might have been the case for the Moulin Rouge but not for flight 784 from Brisbane to Cairns yesterday. It was less than entertaining when our plane, metres from the runway in Cairns, diverted to Townsville to land. We spent over an hour on the tarmac (yes inside the plane, not in the terminal!) before the pilot informed us that we were returning to Cairns.
We were over 3 hours late landing in Cairns and consequently all those of us transferring to the Gove flight missed our connection. Thankfully Qantas diverted a CNS-DRW flight to drop us off in Gove on the way past (they actually landed we didn't have to 'tuck n roll' or use a parachute). Not so lucky for some people who were transferring onto international flights or Weipa flights.
Flying is so much fun......NOT! I don't think Al agrees with me on this point seeing as that's what he does for a living.
Anyway, after that adventure I did make it to my room eventually, but I tell you a 5:30am start is no fun even if you have had a decent sleep, let alone if you have not!
AND lastly.....a reminder to everyone - "we work to live - we don't live to work!" something I am going to need constant reminding of as my work begins to consume me.
No comments:
Post a Comment