
Last year I wrote about the year of the pig and what meaning (if any) that would have for my 2007. Well, its Chinese New Year once again and this year its the year of the Rat. I thought it pertinent, then, to reflect on this animal and what it may hold for 2008.
This time last year, Al and I had packed up our stuff in Gove and arrived in Singapore during Chinese New Year celebrations. We thought it would be a great time to be in Singapore, but little did we know everything shuts down and there was bugger all happening for a few days. Its hard to believe that 12 months ago we left Gove....which therefore means that we have been living in Brisbane for almost 12 months. Does that make us Queenslanders? God I hope not!
Anyway moving on to the present....the year of the Rat.....does that mean I will eat a lot of cheese this year (I hope so!) or does it means I need to avoid traps (I hope not!). Whatever 2008 holds for me I hope that it a bit more like 'little chef' in Ratatouille and little less like Splinter from TMNT. AND if you have no idea what I am talking about you need watch a little less ESPN and a little more Disney!
Disclaimer: I don't really believe in any of the Chinese New Year predictions, bit like astrology really....but it makes for some interesting analogies.
No comments:
Post a Comment