I am! It's 27 days till I can throw away my glasses, throw out all my old contact lense solutions and be able ot find my towel when I get out of the surf!
Yes, that's right, I am having laser eye surgery. A new, clear visioned me will emerge from the surgery in North Sydney on Friday 12 December, being able to see the world without the aid of glasses....YIPPPEEEEE!
For those of you that don't wear glasses you won't understand how truly liberating this feeling will be. But for those of you attached to your specs, you will understand.... The joy of not having to grab your glasses just to go to the toilet in the middle of the night, the joy of not having your glasses fog up when you open the oven door, the joy of being able to swin in the ocean or the pool and be able to see, both under the water and above it! To quote Eliza Doolittle, 'wouldn't it be lovely'.
Take one last look.....these are the last contact lenses I will ever wear.

27 days to go and I am counting!
No comments:
Post a Comment